Natural rust activator for creating decorative rust effects.
- Rust activator for all surfaces
- Easy application
- Available in a 500ml spray bottle
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Creates realistic decorative rust effect on metals and other surfaces
Rust Spirit is a natural rust activator for creating decorative rust effects on ferrous metals or surfaces treated with Reactiv Leaf Rust.
Using Rust Spirit means you can easily and specifically choose how you want your new surface to turn out. Leaving something to rust and weather naturally can cause damage to the surface and you may not get the desire look you want.
The handy 500ml Rust Spirit spray means you can apply as much or as little rust as you like!
Ideal uses for Rust Spirit
- To create a quick rust effect finish
- Decorate home ornaments
- Use on external garden surfaces
- Create unique works of art
- Change up your interior or exterior design
- Be in control of how much rust you want
Before you start
- Cover and protect everything you do not wish to coat.
- Apply between 5°C and 25°C.
- Do not apply to hot surfaces.
Surfaces must be in good sound condition, clean, dry and free of all grease, oil and other surface contamination.
Meticulously clean surface using a suitable cleaning agent depending on the substrate and contamination e.g. Acetone, hot soapy water (rinse thoroughly) etc.
Ferrous Metal Surfaces:
Remove any protective coating/finish back to the bare metal surface.
All Other Surface Types:
Treat with Reactiv Leaf Rust
Application of Rust Spirit
Use as is – do not thin and shake well before use.
Ferrous Metals and Surfaces Primed with Reactiv Leaf Rust
- Apply Rust Spirit by spray or using one of the “Application” tools.
- Rust formation will start quickly. If rust does not occur on ferrous metals there is a protective film on the surface and this should be removed before re-applying Rust Spirit.
- Repeat application of Rust Spirit at regular intervals (15-30 minutes) until the desired effect and colour has been achieved.
Once the desired decorative effect has been achieved the rusting process should be stopped and protected, one of two ways.
Apply a generous application of Owatrol Oil
Apply an application of Spirit Sealer and Natural Varnish.
Soap and water