Solvent-free paint and antifouling stripper for marine use
- Simply strip by rinsing with water
- Does not dry, long active work time - up to 24 hours
- Removes up to 8 coats of paint, varnish, stains, anti-fouling at one application
- Easy to apply gel consistency which will not run - ideal for vertical surfaces
- Safe to use on all surfaces, including G.R.P. but not Aluminium
Marine Strip is a powerful water-soluble paint and anti-fouling stripper designed for marine uses which can remove up to 8 coats in just one application. It is perfect for use on boat gelcoats as it’s gel consistency means no drips, even on vertical surfaces. It is safe to use on virtually any surfaces including wood, plastic, metal and GRP and it makes stripping even intricate detailing a doddle!
As it’s water-soluble, Marine Strip can simply be rinsed away with water using a pressure washer and it has an active working time of up to 12 hours meaning it doesn’t require constant supervision and immediate removal as some products do. It is VOC free and non-flammable, so Marine Strip is safe to use in poorly ventilated or confined areas. Marine Strip is not effective on 2 component, baked-on paints or polyurethane paint and varnish. Marine Strip is a must-have for all boat owners, a powerful but easy to use paint stripper for almost any surface on your boat.
Ideal Uses for Marine Paint Stripper
- Reviving the gelcoat on your boat
- Stripping peeling paint or varnish from handrails
- Removing wood stain from boat decks
- Stripping old paint from metal fixtures
Marine Strip will not remove 2-pack paints, for this use DSP 800 (except on GRP and plastics).
First, remove any loose and flaking paint. Then brush off any physical surface contamination i.e. moss, general dirt etc.
Application of Marine paint stripper
Always try a sample area first. Apply a thick coat of Marine Strip over the whole surface to be stripped using a flat blade, roller or brush. Let the product work for the desired length of time. To remove Marine Strip and any dissolved paint, rinse it very thoroughly with fresh water and a brush or pressure washer (use hot water to make this easier).
Using Marine Strip on Wood
If the surface which has been stripped is wood, always neutralise it with Net-Trol immediately afterwards. For best results do not let Marine Strip work longer than required to dissolve the paint. ‘Weak’ wood like some veneers or plywoods may be damaged so always test first! Hardwood, especially those rich in tannins (oak, exotic wood,…) can turn dark if in prolonged contact with Marine Strip. Where Marine Strip has darkened the wood do not allow it to dry prior to using Net-Trol.
Clean all tools and equipment with water.
- Marine Strip will not remove 2 pack paints, baked on paints or polyurethane paint and varnish.
- Do not use on ‘weak’ woods such as veneers.
- Do not use on aluminium.
Things to Remember
- Always carry out a preliminary test to determine the contact time required for stripping.
- Wear chemical resistant gloves, safety goggles and protective clothing.
- For best results on wood, do not let Marine Strip work longer than required to dissolve the paint.
- Treat stripped wooden surfaces with Net-Trol to restore the wood’s original colour.
- Cover and protect everything you do not wish to strip, including plants and shrubs.
- Apply between 5°C and 35°C.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or on a hot surface.
- Do not allow Marine Strip to dry on the surface. If drying occurs dampen with mist application of water.
- Consult us for additional information and advice prior to using Marine Strip on Oak and Chestnut.