Green activator for creating realistic decorative copper effects.
- Copper activator for all surfaces
- Interior & exterior use
- Available in a 500ml spray bottle
- Easy application
- Creates realistic decorative copper effect on metals and other surfaces
Copper Spirit is a grey-green (verdigris) activator for creating realistic aged copper effects on bare copper surfaces, or surfaces treated with Reactive Leaf Copper.
Using Copper Spirit means you can easily and specifically choose how you want your new surface to turn out. Leaving copper to weather naturally can cause damage to the copper and you may not get the desired look you want.
The handy 500ml Copper Spirit spray means you can apply as much or as little verdigris as you like!
Ideal uses for Copper Spirit
- To create the appearance of aged copper
- Decorate home ornaments
- Use on external garden surfaces
- Create unique works of art
- Change up your interior or exterior design
- Be in control of how much verdigris you want
Before you start
- Cover and protect everything you do not wish to coat and are sensitive to acids.
- Apply between 5°C and 25°C.
- Do not apply to hot surfaces.
Surfaces must be in good sound condition, clean, dry and free of all grease, oil and other surface contamination.
Meticulously clean surface using a suitable cleaning agent depending on the substrate and contamination e.g. Acetone, Hot Soapy Water (rinse thoroughly) etc.
For copper surfaces, remove any protective coating/finish back to the bare copper surface.
All other surface types need to be treated with Reactiv Leaf Copper
Application of Copper Spirit
Use as is – do not thin and shake well before use.
- Apply COPPER SPIRIT by spray or using one of the “Application” tools.
Oxidation will start quickly. If oxidation does not occur there is a protective film on the surface and this should be removed before re-applying COPPER SPIRIT.
- Repeat application of COPPER SPIRIT at regular intervals (15-30 minutes) until the desired effect and colour has been achieved. If the blue oxide effect is too pronounced apply touch up applications of REACTIV LEAF COPPER*.
- Once the desired decorative effect has been achieved the oxidising process should be stopped and protected, one of two ways.
Apply a generous application of Owatrol Oil.
Apply an application of Spirit Sealer and Natural Varnish
Surfaces Primed with Reactiv Leaf Copper:
- Apply a 2nd coat of Reactiv Leaf Copper and after 5 minutes and while the Reactiv Leaf Copper is still wet/moist apply Copper Spirit.
- Follow directions as from point 2 above.
Note: The application of Copper Spirit, to surfaces treated with Reactiv Leaf Copper must be by spray only.
Applying Copper Spirit to areas in an irregular manner will create a very natural final effect (see video).
Soap and water